Black Rice Milk with Chinese Pearl Barley
Chinese Pearl Barley is a common ingredient used in #TCM #foodtherapy. In our last post, we’ve talked about how the change of season from spring to summer could affect our body. This recipe is a spin on the traditional #ChinesePearlBarleyWater, and it works to rebalance your body’s system to prepare our bodies for a new season ahead. If you’re feeling under the weather, give this recipe a try!
● Raw and Cooked Chinese Pearl Barley Each 10g
● Water 100mL
● RICEPATHY Black Rice Milk 330ml
1. Rinse both types of barley under water. Then soak the barley in water for 1 hour.
2. Pour everything into a large pot, including the soaking water. Add new water until the liquid reaches 100mL.
3. Heat until the liquid boils. Then, cover the pot with a lid and continue to heat under low heat for 1 hour or rest in the thermos bottle
4. Let the barley water cool down to warm or room temperature. Add the desired amount of Chinese Pearl Barley (along with some of its water if desired) into a glass of RICEPATHY Black Rice Milk.
Did you know?
Chinese Pearl Barley is also known as Job’s Tears, or coix seed. It has a cooling and diuretic effect, great for removing heat, strengthening the #spleen, lessen #bloating, and getting rid of excessive water and mucus that leads to #fatigue. There are two types of barley available in the market, raw and pre-cooked. They can be both purchased in dehydrated forms.
People who are experiencing bloating, #eczema, #acne and #sluggishness.
People who are pregnant, menstruating or have body fluid deficiency.